[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak All-in-One

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 16:27:25 UTC 2010

On 4/29/10, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:

> Given that it seems developers will not use an all-in-one image,

This morning I have downloaded the all-in-one image and use it right
now to develop code.
It is handy that I can do either under MSWindows and Ubuntu (I have a
dual boot installation). It is helpful for testing purposes in
addition.

I thought
> Michael's "Taste of Squeak" idea was awesome - bundle some of the coolest
> apps together to get a new user hooked on Squeak's power, and they will be
> willing to put in the extra effort to get a standard download.

I like this idea. An extended image prepackaged with interesting things.
I think this is just what we should encourage.

--Hannes