[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Thu Apr 29 23:55:05 UTC 2010

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003326.html

Name: Tools-hmm.236
Ancestors: Tools-ar.235

Display image files (graphics) in FileList

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003327.html

Name: ShoutCore-ul.16
Ancestors: ShoutCore-laza.15

- a few minor performance tweaks

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003328.html

Name: ShoutCore-ul.17
Ancestors: ShoutCore-ul.16

- accept symbols as arguments of #primitive: and #primitive:module: pragmas

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003329.html

Name: ShoutCore-ul.18
Ancestors: ShoutCore-ul.17

- fix: SHMCClassDefinition should also understand #allowUnderscoreSelectors and #allowUnderscoreAssignments

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003330.html

Name: ShoutCore-laza.19
Ancestors: ShoutCore-ul.18

Make Shout display symbols with underscores correctly if allowUnderscoreSelectors is true

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003331.html

Name: GraphicsTests-wiz.23
Ancestors: GraphicsTests-ar.22

This adds a test demonstrating that rectangles will change shape when their dimensions are rounded if the origin and corner are in different quadrants.

See Mantis 2453
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=2453

The condition for this to happen occurs anytime a morph with odd extent is rendered by a transformation morph.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003332.html

Name: ToolBuilder-Morphic-fbs.58
Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Morphic-ar.57

Support for Mantis 7517: a spawned workspace has no context menu. Instead of building the Workspace's model by hand, just ask the Workspace to do it itself.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003333.html

Name: Kernel-fbs.448
Ancestors: Kernel-ul.447

Support for Mantis 7517: a spawned workspace has no context menu.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003334.html

Name: Tools-bf.237
Ancestors: Tools-hmm.236, Tools-fbs.236

merge Tools-fbs.236:
Support for Mantis 7517: a spawned workspace has no context menu. (Make the View update when the Model changes.)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003335.html

Name: Sound-wiz.18
Ancestors: Sound-nice.15

Ok this is a resubmission of String>>sound now names
String>>#asSound in compliance with Bert's preference.

I have fixed the nits.

I have discussed why I believe this is the right word rather than asSound on the mailing list. Squeak-dev 2010. I have not heard back from Bert. He still is in favor of this form over my preference.  Authority matters so we are now in compliance.
Usage:

"'click' asSound play" will play a click sound from the sound library.
Any name missing from the sound library will return a default sound to be played. Currently the default is the same as Beeper default.

The purpose of the selector is to be a facade to allow access to sounds by name. Currently this only covers the Sampled Sound sound library and the default sound.

However, the contract is only that
" 'name' asSound "
return a playable object. So in the future this could be expanded to check other sound libraries as well before relying on the default.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003336.html

Name: System-bf.323
Ancestors: System-ul.322, System-sbw.320

Merge System-sbw.320: Sets default condition for Annotations Preference to true if undefined.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-April/003337.html

Name: Tools-bf.238
Ancestors: Tools-bf.237, Tools-fbs.234

merge Tools-fbs.234
M7511: MessageNames uses Browser's better-named Frame creation methods.