[squeak-dev] [documentation] HelpSystem, revision control, and process

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 20:22:22 UTC 2010

Folks,

I'd like to get a process going around HelpSystem. It doesn't have to be a
perfect process. We can tweak it as we go.

How do people feel about having help in the Trunk? It'll allow us to
document things right along side of our software development.

One thing worth noting: we can have our HelpSystem "book" in Trunk without
necessarily having HelpSystem itself in the Trunk; however, if we do it that
way, we run the risk of changes in HelpSystem on SqueakSource making our
help content impossible to load. I think having both in the Trunk is a
really good idea.

If folks aren't comfortable with having some documentation and HelpSystem in
Trunk, I'd like to propose opening up a 'docs' SS repository on
source.squeak.org. We'd lose the ability to track the evolution of our docs
in the context of the evolution of Squeak, but we'd still have the keys to
the kingdom (license, code, content.)

I'd rather not go with squeaksource.com, as I'd like to think that our docs
should live with the other things on squeak.org.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

--
Casey Ransberger