Want: #slice: (Re: [squeak-dev] Noob question: array slice?)

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 6 13:02:11 UTC 2010

After I looked up the name for copyFrom:to:, I decided to find it with
method finder.  I don't use method finder much, which is my own
failing.  I had to play around with it a bit because Bert's original
input didn't work for me.   What worked was
  'Hello'. 2 . 4 . 'ell'
which gave me copyFrom:to: as the only answer

Every time I use method finder I ask myself why I don't use it more!
"Intro to Squeak" documentation, including my own, should emphasize it
more.

But method finder has its limits.  'Hello'. (2 to: 4). 'ell' doesn't
show anything, because there is no method with that exact combination
of arguments.

-Ralph