[squeak-dev] Re: etoys touch on linux (was [OT] How this bring Squeak closer to iPad ?)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Aug 6 19:27:48 UTC 2010

On 06.08.2010, at 17:31, Chris Kassopulo wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 09:30:52 +0200
> Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>
>> On 06.08.2010, at 05:09, Chris Kassopulo wrote:

>>> normal cursor regardless of emulateTouch selection
>>> indicateTouchPosition works
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> Was that using the VM in the zip (run etoys.sh) or your VM?
>>
>> This relies on the "big-cursor" support which is only compiled in if
>> the XRender headers were installed when compiling the VM, and the X
>> server supports it.
>>
>> - Bert -
>
> Using the local VM through etoys.sh
>
> Chris

I found the problem. The X11 rendering plugin was compiled without Xrender support. Must have been broken since the switch to CMake, but nobody noticed until now.

I'm going to fix the download. But I'm also attaching a good plugin that I just compiled - just replace the one in the .app with this one.

Thank you for testing!

(I'm assuming it does work on Windows?)

- Bert -