[squeak-dev] Squeak VM Win32 crash

Enrico Spinielli enrico.spinielli at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:00:33 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I have a reproduceable VM crash of Win32 Squeak VM version 4.1.1 (also
with 4.0.2).
The crash from my tests seems to be related to the size of the JPEG
image being loaded.

I downloaded locally images at [1] (image1) and [2] (image2).
I was previewing them with DesktopBackgroundLoader [3],
when I select image2 I am able to preview it, but when I select image1
the VM crashes.

Initially I was thinking at a bug in the JPEG Plugin but
the surprise is that when I do the same with FileList there is no crash!!!
Of course the two pieces of code are different...

I have no clue on how to proceed so I post it to see whether somebody
else can reproduce
it as well and maybe dig further.

Bye
Enrico

[1] 1280x1024 http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap080520.html
[2] 800x600 http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap060109.html

--
Enrico Spinielli
"Do Androids dream of electric sheep?"— Philip K. Dick