[squeak-dev] environment copy strangeness in pier on seaside 3.0rc one-click install

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Thu Aug 19 22:34:47 UTC 2010

  I was trying to make a copy of my enviornment template in Pier using
the seaside 3.0rc oneclick available from squeak.org

The steps I took:

login.
click on +system
click on _environment

select the copy command and name it environmentcopy
save

create a new page.

click settings.
Point the environment to /system/templates/environmentcopy

(have to manually enter that since "choose" doesn't work as I expected)

save

start editing /system/templates/environmentcopy.

it saves the changes in the original environment page.

Is this normal behavior? I thought copy meant copy contents, not just
create a new link to the same file.

Lawson