[squeak-dev] Meeting Report for 8/18/2010

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 12:09:20 UTC 2010

On 8/21/10 8:44 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the sense of step towards a smaller image.
>
> On the 20th May Igor Stasenko started a thread
> <citation>
>         Towards clean unloading Morphic (an idea)
>
> i just thought, that in order to get down to a minimal kernel image,
> it would be nice to move all Morphic globals into a shared pool.
>
> Things like, World, ActiveWorld
> could be placed into a MorphicPool class.
> </citation>
>
> Eliot Miranda considered the idea to be good.
>

> In addition I think it would be good to split the Morphic package.
>
> It is quite big and it is often changed. The version number is
> currently over 400. This is high compared to over packages.
>

> But I assume Andreas and Juan have some more precise ideas how they
> want to proceed.
>
> --Hannes

I badly want a smaller and modular images.
Working on this for a long time.
You said start from top , unload all we know how to load again.
Same as Ralph and me long time ago.
Andreas polish all and we have a SqueakCore now.
This image is not updated. Why ?

I continue my wild SqueakLight3, this image could be updated and follow the
trunk, packages unloaded don't load again .

Edgar