[squeak-dev] About unloading of packages in the most recent Squeak 4.1 trunk

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 09:06:01 UTC 2010

Thank you Casey, this was the 'hook' I was looking for.

In fact it has changed to SmalltalkImage as you write.

So I downloaded a trunk image (20thAugust)
http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak4.2-10382-alpha.zip

and tried
    SmalltalkImage unloadAllKnownPackages

and get

SmalltalkImage  doesNotUnderstand: #unloadAllKnownPackages

though if I search for the method #unloadAllKnownPackages it is there.

Any ideas how what to do?

My aim
======

I want to do a retest of what currently works in terms of unloading. I
remember Andreas announcing this method #unloadAllKnownPackages when
publishing 4.1.
May aim is to do a retest and see if this still works.

--Hannes