[squeak-dev] Re: WebClient does not seem to provide any way of getting the terminating, absolute URL of a response

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Aug 24 03:20:14 UTC 2010

Hi -

Can you say a little more what you need this URL for? I don't think it
makes quite sense to implement it in the way you're suggesting since the
scheme would be guesswork (what if it's https or rtsp or something
else?) and the host-header might not be present. It seems to me that
some context needs be provided (probably) via WebServer to fill in what
is needed but for that I'd need to know where you're trying to use the
url (i.e., in a server or a client?).

Cheers,
   - Andreas