[squeak-dev] Meeting Report for 8/18/2010

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 18:16:53 UTC 2010

On 8/20/10, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
> Andreas and Juan would like to find a way to leverage the work done to
> reduce Cuis for Squeak. Ideally, Squeak would become a smaller kernel,
> about the size of Cuis, and everything else would be in optional
> packages that would be unloadable. Comments, suggestions, volunteers,
> are all welcome!

I learn from the discussion
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-August/152570.html

     About unloading of packages in the most recent Squeak 4.1 trunk

that we have to agree which packages should be moved out of the trunk
and that a reload mechanism (one of the many which are available) has
to be established.

In my understanding the image does not need to be as small as Cuis. It
is nice if it is though. It just needs to be small enough to serve as
a base for many forks and relatively stable in terms of changes it has
to undergo.

--Hannes