[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak 4.1 debugger problems.

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 01:59:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:00 PM, John Chludzinski <
john.chludzinski at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Still not certain what problem, *
> *
> *
>
> *MapCache := WeakIdentityKeyDictionary new, *
>
> *
> *
> *(in DebuggerMethodMap class>>voidMapCache) solves?
> *

The use of a WeakIdentityKeyDictionary  stops the debugger from holding onto
obsolete methods, which in turn stops it form holding onto obsolete classes.
The map cache itself speeds up the debugger, avoiding running the compiler
for the most recent N debugged methods.

does that help?

Eliot