[squeak-dev] The Inbox: MonticelloConfigurations-cbc.79.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Aug 25 10:17:38 UTC 2010

On 25.08.2010, at 05:23, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Name: MonticelloConfigurations-cbc.79
> Author: cbc
> Time: 24 August 2010, 10:23:35.167 pm
> UUID: 7dfaea13-f6f4-754f-8ed9-f253c3391dbd
> Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-ar.78
>
> Adding support for not updaing unloaded packages from Trunk, but when the package is manually reloaded, it starts loading from Trunk again.

I like this (it seems much better than just not updating any missing packages). However, ...

> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: MCMcmUpdater class>>unloadedPackages (in category 'updating') -----
> + unloadedPackages
> + 	^UnloadedPackages ifNil: [UnloadedPackages := Set new]!

... please call this SkipPackages or DoNotUpdate or something like that. MCMcmUpdater should not care why it is not supposed to touch these packages. There may be other reasons than having them unloaded.

- Bert -