SqueakLight3 again (was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Meeting Report for 8/18/2010)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 11:46:28 UTC 2010

On 8/25/10 7:51 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is your SqueakLight3 based on Squeak4.1 trunk? Or Pharo? I ask this
> because I'd like to know if it is under the MIT license.
>
> I assume that some of the things you load in addition are not but in
> this case I would not bother too much.
>
> Where it the download link? Do you have a read-me.txt with the version
> history?
>
> Cheers
> --Hannes

At this point SqueakLight3 is trunk unloaded as I said in past mails and
with few changes from me so all is MIT.
Unlucky us , no time for documentation but I try get and do some.

Differences:

The set of unloaded packages is suited to what you need later if you wish go
to more complex images.

Have a modified Monticello and only updates packages into the image.
This modified Monticello lets load complex like .sar things (Rompecabezas
and TaiPei in SqueakSource), we talked about this some time ago.
Also I made "class repositories" into Experiments folder with classes at the
time of the first build.

The idea is the image is "smarter" and via dnu could load any missed classes
from here.

As I said, we could go back to point when Closures change the previous
system and redo all again more clean.

For me, no image with small footprint and less classes worth if we can't
grow again to any arbitrary complex image in a documented way.

I know Andreas, Juan and Pavel are the Wonderful Masters , ask let me learn
from they working...

Edgar