[squeak-dev] Re: About unloading of packages in the most recent Squeak 4.1 trunk

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 15:16:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com>wrote:

> Eliot and Andreas,
>
> Are you saying that the following works perfectly?
>
> 1) Take http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak4.2-10382-alpha.zip
> 2) Evaluate
>       SmalltalkImage unloadAllKnownPackages.
>       MCMcmUpdater updateMissingPackages: false.
> 3) Choose 'mouse' menu, 'Update Squeak'

I haven't tried starting from Squeak 4.2-xxxxx.  I started from a 4.1 image,
changed the update URL to trunk, did SmalltalkImage unloadAllKnownPackages,
loaded the various Cog VMMaker packages, loaded the latest
MonticelloConfigurations, did the moral equivalent of MCMcmUpdater
updateMissingPackages: false. and then step 3.  But I would expect that the
above would work provided that you insert the extra step:

1) Take http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak4.2-10382-alpha.zip
<http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak4.2-10382-alpha.zip>1.5) Make sure the
latest MonticelloConfigurations is loaded