[squeak-dev] survey (was: Meeting Report for 8/18/2010)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Aug 25 21:37:15 UTC 2010

Randal L. Schwartz wrote on Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:29:27 -0700

> Hannes> Please note that in the meeting report this thread is about Randal
> Hannes> says that he wants to contact the other Squeak based projects to talk
> Hannes> about a minimal core.
>
> Nope, that's a meme collision.  I'm contacting other Squeak forks (and
> folks :) about a "users of Squeak et. al." survey, not about a minimal
> core.

Just to give a little more detail about this, it was decided that it
would be a nice idea to do some kind of survey to find out what people
are doing with Squeak. For example, if you are using it for robotics
wouldn't it be great to find out that three other groups around the
world are also working on this? One simple way to have such a survey
would be just to post some questions here and have anyone interested
reply. But then we would miss many people who do have a relation with
Squeak but don't read squeak-dev.

Randal volunteered to try to contact as many other groups as possible (I
know a few - we should try to make a list) and see who would like to
participate in such a survey and how we should do it (probably using
some existing tool somewhere more neutral than squeak.org).

-- Jecel