[squeak-dev] Experimental Cocoa OS-X based Squeak Cog JIT VM 5.8b3.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Aug 25 22:12:25 UTC 2010

I've stuck a version (5.8b3) of the cocoa based os-x squeak cog JIT based VM in my experimental folder.

http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/.Public/experimental/Squeak%205.8b3.app.zip

This VM is built from the Cog sources (with some minor changes for the iPhone) & revised & fixed Socket Plugin.
It currently does NOT contain any external plugins.  I did check in the changes to squeakvm.org that are required to
build this VM excluding the required Cog changes...

People are invited to take it for a whirl, report any performance gains, issues and especially crashes.

PS

(a) yes shortly we'll get the iPhone changes folded back into the source tree so you can build the VM.
(b) yes when resizing a window you get neat graphic effects (fixing that issue is non-trival).
(c) As time permits we'll look into rebuild this rather long list of plugins.

ClipboardExtendedPlugin.bundle
CroquetPlugin.bundle
CurlPlugin.bundle
FloatMathPlugin.bundle