[squeak-dev] Re: [Box-Admins] please add "Documentation" category in Mantis

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Thu Aug 26 06:30:35 UTC 2010

On 2010/08/26 06:45, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
> On 8/26/10, Casey Ransberger<casey.obrien.r at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Okay, now that I'm me on Mantis, I wouldn't mind having docs issues assigned
>> to me by default, but I would like to warn: the new job has my time looking
>> pretty limited, and there's some risk that I could become a bottleneck. What
>> do other folks think?
>
> That is fine for me. In case you become the bottleneck you can ask
> that somebody else will be assigned for 'default'.

If you have a "second in command" you could always farm out issues by
assigning them to someone else. (Or of course people could simply take
them from you too.)

If I recall correctly Ken used to be (is still?) the "default assignee"
for issues on Mantis, and would sometimes reassign the issues as
appropriate. (But I'm speaking from years-old memory, so I might be
mistaken.)

> Or maybe later we can work with a roaster scheme. You have it for
> let's say for 4 months, than somebody else takes over.

I think you meant "roster", but I rather like "roaster" too - one
person's on the burner, and then swaps places with someone else! (And if
you're on the roaster too long, you burn out!)

frank