[squeak-dev] Re: [Box-Admins] please add "Documentation" category in Mantis

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Thu Aug 26 08:13:25 UTC 2010

On 2010/08/26 09:57, Michael Haupt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Frank Shearar
> <frank.shearar at angband.za.org>  wrote:
>> For documentation, I think simply assign ->  resolved (or maybe ->  feedback
>> ->  resolved) ->  closed should be fine?
>
> hm, I'd opt for having "confirmed" in the middle, as a sign of someone
> actually working on it. It's more clear that way, especially with
> automatic assignment being used.

Sure: I use "confirmed" in my solo work as a similar signal - "this is a
long-running task, and I'm halfway through it".

Your interpretation for "confirmed" seems fine. As you say, it allows us
to differentiate between "responsible for" and "responsible for and have
started fixing". I'm just not sure how exactly the community as a whole
interprets the various states.

frank