[squeak-dev] Quicktime

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Aug 26 16:58:43 UTC 2010

In looking at this the choice for the Sophie team was:
We had to support various codec (lots) and acquire legal licenses to use them, which was insane...

We did however add in the ogg support via the work done for OLPC for folks who choose not to have Apple, Microsoft, or Franuholfer
trample on their machine.

Sadly most people just *expect* any form of media they've downloaded from anywhere just to work.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882