[squeak-dev] [ANN] FunSqueakCog-10423-alpha ready for improve with a little help of friends and complain by foes

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon Aug 30 10:56:14 UTC 2010

> Thank you for this link and the reminder. On which image is it based?
> Probably not Squeak 4.1 trunk latest as Edgar's?

Not the very latest, but still 4.1 (thanks to Edgar by the way)

> So my suggestion is that you help Edgar to resolve problems installing muO.

I would do so if I could, but it is not easy. At the moment muO is an
application, not a package: it changes many things in the host image,
including appearance, behavior of menus, and many small
improvements/fixes (IMO of course) which make it difficult to coexist
with some packages.

The solution would be to break muO into core components (compatible,
without side-effects, suitable for FunSqueak) on one side, and
dispensable look&feel components on the other side. I'll do so in the
future, but I don't know when...

Stef