[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-users] TIFF support.

George Herolyants george.herolyants at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 09:48:07 UTC 2010

Thanks, Marcus.

I saw this page, but actually I expected to see a pure Smalltalk
solution or at least an integrated plugin. Especially considering what
official squeak site says about that (but why it is so? maybe tiff
support was there before and was removed for some reasons?).

It seems that the mentioned work of John M McIntosh is the only
implementation of TIFF support. So I tried to build the plugin on
linux. Results seem promising but I need help. The plugin works quite
fine, all tests pass except four of them. Failures are caused by
"isByteSwapped" which returns true on my linux machine, while I think
it supposed to return false on Mac (is it true?). And I think this is
somehow related to another bug I've faced. I mean colours mismatch,
which I failed to fix. I'll try to build the plugin on windows to see
if this behaviour is really platform related. But I would appreciate
any help.

The modified Smalltalk sources can be found at
http://www.squeaksource.com/gherolyants. See packages TIFF-Kernel,
TIFF-Tests and VMConstruction-Plugins-Tiff.
The modified C sources can be found at
http://github.com/gherolyants/tiff-plugin.