[squeak-dev] [ANN] FunSqueakCog-10423-alpha ready for improve with a little help of friends and complain by foes

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 11:39:35 UTC 2010

Hello Edgar

On 8/30/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/30/10 12:07 PM, "Hannes Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If possible, I would prefer that you load it into FunSqueak and
>> document the process   ..... :-)
> Ok, this is the best.
> Redo all with last trunk and document the troubles

Fine. I'll be happy to read the documentation.

I have a suggestion. Maybe you put images of the steps between as well
in the 'experimental' folder, e.g. you load muO (musical Objects) into
the latest Squeak 4.1 trunk image, publish it, then you add another
project, publish it and so on.
This will allow us to more easily find out where the trouble are.

Sources of problems may be
1) The application/project has not been fully ported to the latest
Squeak 4.1 trunk
2) The Squeak 4.1 trunk does not support a feature properly anymore
which was there in an earlier version.
3) Problems induces by the Cog VM.

In any case these tests will reveal a lot.

Thank you for your work of your group, Edgar.

--Hannes