[squeak-dev] 4.2 code freeze

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sun Dec 5 17:06:11 UTC 2010

I agree with Dave. Keep everything that is loadable out of the base release. If desired, make another dev release with the good stuff already loaded.  I am finding the 'Extending the System' menu selection, opening the Workspace with all the snippets for loading externally maintained packages, seems to be a step in the right direction. IMHO, trunk could be thought of as an easy way to try things out and work on them, but not the best way for longer term maintenance of packages that should remain loadable.

Ken G. Brown
from my iPhone