Separate TeaTime (was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Teleplace is hiring...)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Wed Dec 8 10:42:42 UTC 2010

Well, that's not quite fair. See for instance Baker & Hewitt's "The
Incremental Garbage Collection of Processes", from 1977, which talks
about futures. (And has references to lots of other people's work.)

Squeak has futures nowadays of course, thanks to Teleplace.

Unless you mean that David Reed's thesis (1978, "Naming and
Synchronization in a Decentralized Computer System") was written by
someone in the Smalltalk community?

frank