AW: AW: [squeak-dev] [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Dec 8 17:22:16 UTC 2010

On 12/08/2010 08:36 AM, Chris Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Hannes Hirzel<hannes.hirzel at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello Tobias and otheres working on the 'Designer'
>>
>> Yesterday I tried the first load script (for Squeak 4.2-10741) recommended on
>>
>> https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/designer
>>
>> (Installer mc http: 'http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/squeaksource/')
>>    project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>    install: 'ConfigurationOfDesigner'.
>> ConfigurationOfDesigner project bleedingEdge load.
>>
>> It claimed that #bleedingEdge  is not known.
>
> I ran into this as well.  The problem is that the full metacello and
> gopher and whatnot isn't loaded into Squeak 4.2 by default, and needs
> to be loaded first.
>
> Try runinng the first statement (first 3 lines), then just run
>     ConfigurationOfDesigner project
> once that is finished, finally run the full last line
>     ConfigurationOfDesigner project bleedingEdge load.
> That should do the trick.
>
> -Chris

It may also be a case that you've got an earlier version of Metacello
loaded. The #bleedingEdge message was introduced in Metacello
1.0-beta.27.4. You can tell which version of Metacello is loaded by
printing:

   ConfigurationOfMetacello project currentVersion

To update to the latest version (assuming that Metacello _is_ loaded):

   ConfigurationOfMetacello project updateProject.
   ConfigurationOfMetacello project loadLatestVersion.

Dale