[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-laza.489.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:19:25 UTC 2010

2010/12/9 Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com>:
>> My rationale: Why shouldn't we use Metacello Configs if
>> they are there and doing what we want: Installing the
>> software.
>
> -1.  My preference is to stay simple.  Just use Installer scripts to
> load a configuration of exact-versions that work together.
>
> A separate Installer script could be used to "merge the latest
> versions" if people want that.
>
> I don't see the need to introduce Metacello for these simple requirements.
>
>  - Chris

As I understand it, with Metacello you can specify something like:
"take the last stable version known to work in trunk 4.2"
It could seem like an advantage.
But there is no magic, someone has to hardcode some version numbers somewhere.

The right question is whether we should maintain two different
versions of these informations (Metacello + trunk/Installer) or a
single one ?

Nicolas