[squeak-dev] OSProcess on Mac?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Dec 11 22:00:14 UTC 2010

Dear Squeakers,

Does OSProcess work with the latest trunk image on a Mac? If yes, what VM do I need?

I loaded the latest OSProcess-dtl.59 and OSProcess-Tests-dtl.4 from SqueakSource in a fully updated trunk image (10762). I tried to run the tests with the 5.8b12 VM and got the warning "process accessor module not available". I looked into the VM package and it does not seem to include the plugin.

I then tried the same with the 4.2.5beta1U VM which includes UnixOSProcessPlugin.bundle. I get the warning "forkSqueak requires XDisplayControlPlugin". This plugin is not included in the VM. When I proceed the image freezes for some time and the warning appears again.

Should this work? I am on an Intel Mac with Mac OS 10.6.5.

I would appreciate any tips on how to get that to work.

Cheers,
Bernhard