[squeak-dev] Re: OSProcess on Mac?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun Dec 12 18:48:39 UTC 2010

Am 12.12.2010 um 17:53 schrieb Bernhard Pieber:
> Am 12.12.2010 um 17:46 schrieb David T. Lewis:
>> Some of the recent Mac VMs were built with a very out of date version
>> of OSProcess that causes problems on Mac, including crashes when
>> performing #forkSqueak. I'm not sure if the 4.2.5 VM has this issue,
>> but you check by evaluating "OSProcess accessor osppModuleVersionString".
>> If the result is '4.0.1' then you have the outdated plugin. You need
>> at least version 4.0.2 to run safely on a Mac (the current version of
>> OSPP is 4.4.0).
> This seems to be my problem. I have the outdated 4.0.1. Can I get the most recent one built for Mac from somewhere?
I found a VM with a more recent UnixOSProcessPlugin here:
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2316/Cog.app.tgz

Printing the following:
OSProcess accessor osppModuleVersionString.
results in '4.3.2'. Not the most recent one but still 212 of the 219 tests run. The only 7 failures are the known forkSqueak issue.

Now all of CommandShell works beautifully!

Thanks David for this cool package!

Cheers,
Bernhard