[squeak-dev] "welcome" projects for 4.2

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Mon Dec 13 20:06:03 UTC 2010

Ken,

> > Unfortunately, I don't have a good suggestion. Unloading in general
> > would require some infrastructure that we don't have and certainly won't
> > have time to build for Squeak 4.2.
>
> Sake has unload infrastructure:
> <http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5953>

Indeed, though I should have been more specific about what I meant by
the term - a system-wide solution like the VPRI Worlds rather than a
package-by-package solution.

Unless I misunderstood, using Sake to load/unload some package will
require creating a little script for that package. Which I think is ok
if somebody is willing to do that. It would also be the case with
Gopher, Metacello or any other option available for Squeak and Pharo,
right? While some level of uniformity is nice to keep people just
learning the system from being overwhelmed, I also feel that those doing
the actual work should get to choose the tools they use, not someone
just making suggestions like I am.

-- Jecel