[squeak-dev] FloatMathPlugin in Squeak for Croquet compatability?

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 22:06:33 UTC 2010

Croquet (and thus Open Cobalt) requires that squeak images
perform floating point operations bit-identically across
machines, and the FloatMathPlugin was added to the VM to ensure
this is the case.

Now that OpenCobalt is nearly ready for debut onto the Squeak
trunk, I'm wondering if this should be enabled by default in
squeak images. FloatMathPlugin is included in standard VMs, but
is not used by non-Croquet images. I'm wondering if we should
change that.

I uploaded the code and test case for this feature at:

http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7583

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)