[squeak-dev] Browser pane width adjustment

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:21:48 UTC 2010

I don't know for OmniBrowser, but you can grab between the lists to
widen for a particular list.

BUT, have you tried Bert's recent Morphic enhancement.

  - Control + blue-click *anywhere* in a browser window (gross-motor
gesture).  While holding those keys down, swipe the mouse downward and
to the right.  The window rapidly expands.  Note width and height are
independently adjustable by how you swipe.
  - Let up on Control.  Middle-click anywhere on a browser to bring it
to the center.
  - Work in the window.
  - When done, Control + blue-click anywhere in the window and swipe
upward and to the left.  The window rapidly shrinks.

I never worry about the tedium of aiming for thin resize handles
anymore.  I've gotten so used to these gestures they're second nature
to me now.  I can "sling windows" around almost like that Microsoft
"table", so its easy to grow windows "temporarily" so I don't have to
worry about individual list widths either..

 - Chris