[squeak-dev] Gofer versus Installer was: The Trunk: Morphic-laza.489.mcz

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:23:49 UTC 2010

+1

Gofer has 'more', as well as it has 'less' comparing to installer.
With Installer i can easily point to a .cs file for file-in.
Can i do same thing with Gofer?

For example, this is what i using for ensuring some fixes are
incorporated into image

installPrerequisites: installer

	(CompiledMethodTrailer trailerKinds includes: #NativeCodeTrailer) ifFalse: [
		installer installUrl:
'http://nativeboost.googlecode.com/files/000-NativeCodeTrailers.cs' ].

	"Make sure an image having this crucial fix "
	(Object>>#perform:withArguments: ) frameSize > CompiledMethod smallFrameSize
	ifFalse: [
		installer installUrl:
'http://nativeboost.googlecode.com/files/001-perform-framesize.cs'.
	].

of course, i could create a separate package, which includes all this stuff.
But sometimes nothing is better than good old changeset :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.