[squeak-dev] Gofer versus Installer was: The Trunk: Morphic-laza.489.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 21:35:35 UTC 2010

> This is akin to the whole blue, yellow, other color click. The fact that
> someday the way to use Squeak and smalltalk was with a 3-colors mouse
> that doesn't validate the 2010 persistence of those terms to instruct
> users to do something.

Miguel, for a better understanding about this, see:

    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/897

The purpose for continuing to refer to colors is for the added level
of indirection required by Squeak's platform-independence...   So we
don't have to say, in all dcoumentation:  "If you're running on
Windows, press the right button, if a Mac the Command-click, etc."

 - Chris