[squeak-dev] Gofer versus Installer

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Dec 15 14:27:45 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

Cross posted to Squeak and Pharo.

On 14. 12. 2010 22:56, Ken G. Brown wrote:

>> Lukas maintains Gofer
>> and there are reasons to use it: closer relationship with Pharo, contemporary MC integration (Metacello).
>
> I can accept using Gofer in trunk, for things that require it like reading it's own scripts.
> But I don't want to see Installer go away... because of all the things Installer does that Gofer doesn't.

What if someone:

 1. adds to Gofer loading from SqueakMap and other
 2. then Lukas is kindly asked to rename it to the Installer.

That way we will have a maintained installer with a meaningful name and
everyone will be happy. Because we really need one and only one
installer for both Squeak and Pharo.

Best regards
Janko

--