[squeak-dev] Gofer versus Installer

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 17:21:32 UTC 2010

I think my suggestion would be more palatable to folks concerned about tidiness:

  - Strip Installer of all features that can be handled by Gofer.
  - Make Installer USE Gofer for those things that Gofer does
(Monticello packages).
  - That way folks like Miguel can have only Gofer loaded, old fogies
like me can have Installer+Gofer loaded.

One question that came to my mind last night:  What does > 1000 lines
of Gofer code bring to Monticello-loading that I can't already do with
just Monticello?  or with a couple of facade methods added to plain
MC?