[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Kernel-mtf.528.mcz

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:58:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:18:08PM -0800, Andreas Raab wrote:
> On 12/15/2010 11:08 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > I don't think that's a good idea. How would you know which
> > button mapping the user chose in his Windows VM settings?
> > This just makes everything more complicated rather than
> > less.
>
> Indeed. This is crazy. We need a concerted effort. We need to change
> both the in-image preference and the VM preference (in the .ini file).

I had no idea there were vm settings. I just thought the windows
vm always got it backward for historical reasons.

> If you want to make sure this happens for the next release, then write a
> test in ReleaseTests ensuring that the in-image preference is set
> properly. This will act as a reminder and force the issue.

I'll look into this vm settings thing and see if I can come up
with a test case to ensure that the VM is sending right clicks
as blue buttons, and another to ensure swapMouseButtons is set

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)