[squeak-dev] Design Attitudes

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Fri Dec 17 21:26:12 UTC 2010

It's one of the drawbacks of distributed development that all of the
developers working together can't get into a conference room and "yell
at each other" every once in awhile.

I know that at times I need to be hit over the head with a 2x4 before I
get it....But that's difficult to do over email, developers in the same
room can let off some steam and then get down to business and come to an
understanding (usually).

It's not easy to make reasonable arguments in 140 characters and
sometimes it's not easy to come to a technical compromise via email....

After a "heated discussion" and resolution, it's easier to give and take
constructive criticism.

Dale