[squeak-dev] Re: Code distribution (was Re: Gofer versus Installer)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sat Dec 18 22:20:29 UTC 2010

On 18. 12. 2010 23:03, Andreas Raab wrote:
> On 12/17/2010 3:01 AM, Janko Mivšek wrote:
>> Exactly. Extremes are always bad. And both extremes lower the simplicity
>> and therefore maintability of the code and specially, comprehendibility
>> by newcommers. That's why also wanted to show with my code stats
>> comparison between Aida, Seaside and Iliad:
>>
>> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Atnb1W9vuq9ndG4wbUpxNXpKQnFZRlFyQXpHclhZa2c&hl=sl#gid=1

> This is *fascinating* data. You wouldn't by any chance have a simple
> doIt that I can just run to create that analysis for our code base,
> would you? I'd love to just paste that data into your spreadsheet to see
> how it stacks up in comparison.

Thanks! And I urge more such measurements, benchmarks, statistics.

Coming from electrical science field I know very well the value of
measurements to asses the "situation" objectively and base right actions
on right analytics.

Code for this code stats comparison is freely available, just load
package WebCodeStats:

	http://www.squeaksource.com/WebCodeStats.html

It is also pretty simple to adapt to your needs, just select which
packages to measure. See for instance #setAidaCodeStats in setup.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek