[squeak-dev] Problem with vmmaker-dtl.211.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 19:03:11 UTC 2010

by default the preference allowing assignment to block arguments is off in
current CLosure images (and a good thing too).  But older code used it a lot
since block arguments were really no more than temporaries of the enclosing
home method.  The quick hack is to enable the preference.  The real solution
is to rewrite the method so it doesn;t assign to the block argument.

best
Eliot