[squeak-dev] Re: recovery from screwed up monticello package

Markus Lampert markuslampert at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 23:55:03 UTC 2010

Thanks Andreas, that worked!

I did...
     - 'fileOut' on the package (Rockie.st)
  - saved a new version of the image
  - used Monticello to 'revert' to the last correct version (Rockie-ml.10)
  - filed in Rockie.st (small hickup, see below)
  - saved new version with Monticello (Rockie-ml.11)

Filing Rockie.st in I encountered a gotcha. After opening the file I found an
entry in the popup menu 'fileIn entire file' which failed with the error:

MessageNotUnderstood: ByteString>>fullName

This happens in SimpleServiceEntry>>getArgumentsFrom:. Unfortunately I don't
understand what is happening there ....

Anyway, selecting all the contents and using 'fileIn Selection (G)' worked.

Thanks again, I learned a lot!
Markus