[squeak-dev] Re: [4.2] tests status

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Dec 26 07:44:40 UTC 2010

On Sun, 26 Dec 2010, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 12/24/2010 9:35 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 03:41:23PM -0300, Jecel Assumpcao Jr. wrote:
>>> Ken G. Brown wrote on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:19:45 -0800
>>>
>>> Yes, this was actually mentioned in the last meeting report -
>>>
>>> http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/2010/12/21/meeting-report-for-december-
>>> 21-2010/
>>>
>>> If I understood correctly, he will continue to track Trunk and doesn't
>>> feel that an incomplete merge in 4.2 will be a problem. He did mention
>>> the "FloatMath plugin issue" and that it would be good to have that
>>> solved in 4.2, but I have not been paying attention to this discussion.
>>
>> I think that the "FloatMath plugin issue" is Mantis 0007583: Float does
>> not use FloatMathPlugin for bit-consistent float math across platforms.
>>
>>    http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7583
>
> I went ahead and pushed the changes. They do look reasonable to me but please
> everyone give it a shot and run all the float tests to ensure it works on
> your favorite platform as well. In short, if all the tests in
> KernelTests-Numbers pass, we're good, if any fail, please report back with
> details.

I described a remaining failure here:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-December/156108.html
'Note: There are two failing tests, because earlier "Float infinity sin"
returned NaN, but it raises an error with the new code.'

Also there's something strange in FloatConsistencyTests. It implements the
md5 algorithm (it even uses the Croquet plugin if available), which is
great, but it shouldn't be in a TestCase IMHO. Note that there's another
MD5 implementation in the Cryptography package using another plugin
(MD5Plugin) if available.

Levente