[squeak-dev] Re: Sophie MPEG Player

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Dec 28 21:54:04 UTC 2010

Chris Cunnington-3 wrote:

> MPEGMoviePlayerMorph new openInWorld... I think I made a movie
> about this

Ah, yes. I remember the movie.  I'm trying to play a flash movie, so I don't
know why I thought this would work (although if I get desperate, I could
convert to mpeg first...)

Chris Cunnington-3 wrote:

> If  you want an example of the QuickTime player download the example book
> from the Sophie site about Macbeth.

Strange, now my .flv is playing correctly in OpenSophie!  But I can't figure
out how to recreate what Sophie is doing from the UI in the API.  I tried:
	t _ SophieQuickTimeMovie new.
	uri _ URI fromString: 'file:///Users/sean/textmovie.mov'.
	t openMovieFromURI: uri.
	t play.
But got: MNU #metaDataValueAt: in SophieQuickTimeMovie>>inPoint
How do you open a Quicktime file programmatically?

Thanks.
Sean