[squeak-dev] Re: Sophie MPEG Player

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 23:01:12 UTC 2010

How to open a QT movie programmatically?

What you added in the last message looks about as good as it gets. As
in, I don't know how, because I don't think that works.

SophieQuickTimeMovie class >> example example2 example3

has a simple solution to that question, which I can see you've found.
But it doesn't work. Running the Tests for Sophie shows some stuff is
broken.

I gave up trying to open a movie with code in a Workspace, and decided
to learn from what works, which is to open the Macbeth example file.
That shows a Tweak-managed infinite loop ( [self isMovieDone]
whileFalse: in SophieQuickTimeAudio>>playMovieScript) running between
SophieMovieFramePlayer and SophieQuickTimeMovieViaPlugin. The Player has
the buttons. ViaPlugin accesses QuickTime on the Mac.

I'm still in the middle of digging out details about Tweak and
#startScript: before I go back to that part. It's lead me down an
AsyncScriptMessageSend rabbit hole. If  you want to freak yourself out,
open the ProcessBrowser. Freaked me out.

Chris