[squeak-dev] Monticello maintainer

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Feb 3 04:19:03 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-01, at 11:56 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Andreas, i read about your concerns about MC and i feel like MC
> currently is abandonware,
> since its not maintained by anyone, yet it is de-facto standard tool
> for sharing the code in squeak universe.
> This situation is really bad and we need to change it.

Ok, I volunteer.

Igor's right - it's obvious that MC needs an active maintainer. I've been reluctant to step into this role because I'd rather devote my Squeaking time to MC2. So this will delay the release of MC 2.1, but may make the migration path smoother. I'll post more once I've had a chance to look at the state of the art and figure out a road map.

Colin