[squeak-dev] filtered menu in 3.11

Balázs Kósi rebmekop at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:04:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've quickly noticed, getting around the menus in 3.11 isn't as quick
> and easy as I had become used to in prior versions.
Should not happen! I uploaded a quick fix for the issue to the inbox:
Morphic-kb.317

Thanks, Balázs

ps:
> The last line of MenuMorph>>#displayFiltered: was commented out.
> I appreciate that, having been commented out instead of deleted, that
> the issue is still open for discussion, great!  :)  So is there good
> reason for not highlighting the first-matching item as the menu is
> filtered?
The quite lame reason for commenting those lines out was to prevent
the - that time - seemingly random image lockups. Now I identified the problem:
sending MenuMorph >> selectItem: item event: evt with evt being nil
causes an infinite debugger popping loop with my new implementation.