[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-jcg.248.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Thu Feb 11 09:21:20 UTC 2010

Joshua Gargus uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-jcg.248.mcz

Name: System-jcg.248
Author: jcg
Time: 11 February 2010, 1:20:39.039 am
UUID: 0e373b5d-e5e2-0649-a9a2-95690a74a9ae
Ancestors: System-dtl.247

Make ObjectFinalizer a subclass of MessageSend.

=============== Diff against System-dtl.247 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ObjectFinalizer>>finalize (in category 'finalization') -----
  finalize
  	"Finalize the resource associated with the receiver. This message should only be sent during the finalization process. There is NO garantuee that the resource associated with the receiver hasn't been free'd before so take care that you don't run into trouble - this all may happen with interrupt priority."
+ 	[self value] on: Error do:[:ex| ex return].
- 	[receiver perform: selector withArguments: arguments]
- 		on: Error do:[:ex| ex return].
  !

Item was changed:
+ MessageSend subclass: #ObjectFinalizer
+ 	instanceVariableNames: ''
- Object subclass: #ObjectFinalizer
- 	instanceVariableNames: 'receiver selector arguments'
  	classVariableNames: ''
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'System-Finalization'!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ObjectFinalizer>>receiver:selector:argument: (in category 'initialize') -----
+ receiver: anObject selector: aSymbol argument: aParameter
+ 	"Not really necessary now that we're a subclass of MessageSend, but we keep it around because existing code might expect it."
+ 	self
+ 		receiver: anObject;
+ 		selector: aSymbol;
+ 		arguments: (Array with: aParameter).!
- receiver: aReceiver selector: aSelector argument: anObject
- 	receiver := aReceiver.
- 	selector := aSelector.
- 	arguments := Array with: anObject!