[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Multilingual-ar.87.mcz

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Feb 12 09:10:36 UTC 2010

Also see

'.1' asNumber  toss an error in  Pharo 1.1 11043
and

'1.0e+2'  asNumber
returns 1.0

yet other I think more knowledgeable people say
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1.0e%2B2
100

I'd just say any expectations of converting a string to a number in most flavours of Squeak should be viewed with suspicion.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882