[squeak-dev] [ANN] [Cuis] Cuis 2.1 is available. Lots of cool stuff inside!

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Feb 12 15:23:36 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I've just updated Cuis to 2.1 at
http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html . From the release notes:

Cuis Release notes
Only the most relevant Cuis specific changes are detailed here. To see
all of them, browse the numbered changes themselves, that are part of
this release. Cuis official site is
http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html .

New in Cuis 2.1
- Support for the Unary numeral system, as suggested by Dan Ingalls at
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2000-March/013368.html
- A new code differ that shows differences in words and not lines, by
Leandro Caniglia
- Closure measurements (based on work by Eliot Miranda) are shown in the
annotation pane for any method
- Removal of 43 isXXX methods, replaced by the general #is: method
- Misc. fixes and enhancements from Squeak and/or Pharo

New in Cuis 2.0
- Cuis is now closure-enabled. The closure examples xxxx work, and Cuis
is ready to run on the Cog VM (when available). Cuis 2.0 requires a
closures-enabled VM

I recommend everybody to see the new class comment in Number, and try
the new number format! The alternative code differ by Leando, based on
words and not lines is worth trying too. Finally, the Closure
measurements for every method are instructive and useful. Warning: I
fixed 2 bugs in Eliot's code, as I said in
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-February/144120.html
.

Comments welcome.
Cheers,