[squeak-dev] Updated trunk image (Squeak3.11-9371-alpha.zip)

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:42:51 UTC 2010

2010/2/14 Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com>:
> 2010/2/14 Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar>:
>>

>> On 2/13/10 11:34 PM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Modularity
>>> ----------
>>> The following packages have been made reloadable: ReleaseBuilder,
>>> ScriptLoader, 311Deprecated, 39Deprecated, Universes, SMLoader, SMBase,
>>> Installer-Core, VersionNumberTests, VersionNumber, Services-Base,
>>> PreferenceBrowser, Nebraska, CollectionsTests, GraphicsTests,
>>> KernelTests, MorphicTests, MultilingualTests, NetworkTests, ToolsTests,
>>> TraitsTests, XML-Parser, Traits, SystemChangeNotification-Tests,
>>> FlexibleVocabularies, EToys, Protocols, Tests, SUnitGUI. To unload all
>>> of these, execute:
>>>
>>>      Smalltalk unloadAllKnownPackages.
>>
>> Again I ask for having the base image as default and people should load
>> whatever they like.
>>
>> Another question.
>>
>> When 3.11 finish?
>> I love formula one, so fast changes don't scare me, but not all like to live
>> in changing world.
>> People need stable things....
>>
>> Edgar
>>

> +1
>
> I asked the same some time ago with the Randal response.
>
> The tests instead of be more green are showing more fails.
>
> Is really hard to adopt this new Squeak to production work at this way.
>
> Just an opinion.

Don't know if your opinion is really in sync with your trunk image ;)
... not with mine because I don't see that many test failing...
The BitBlt ones, the closures ones, they are quite universal (pharo
and most probably Cuis too).
An unavailable font.
A few ones due to 16rff, and a few ones due to number restriction of
syntax (solvable once ExtendedNumberParser is connected).

Nicolas